About Mark Lang
Mark Lang was born in Iowa in 1952 and grew up in farm states. He earned his B.A. at Drew University in New Jersey completing his junior year abroad at Oxford. He earned his J.D. at the University of Florida College of Law in Gainesville.
He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1977 and has been practicing law in the greater Orlando area ever since. In addition to Florida, However, Mark routinely handles cases in many jurisdictions throughout the United States.
When it comes to achieving desired outcomes for clients, Mark Lang has an impressive track record. In 1994, he was admitted into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognizes attorneys who have demonstrated exceptional skill in achieving multi-million dollar verdicts. The prestigious legal ranking firm, Martindale-Hubbell, continually awards him the highest rating an attorney can receive from his or her peers, the AV® Preeminent™. Mr. Lang has been voted one of the Top Lawyers in Orlando by Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine.
Known for his intensity on the case in the courtroom, Mark lives life as fervently as he practices law. A devoted husband of 44 years, Mark and his wife, Ellen, have lived in the Central Florida area since 1977, where they have raised their two children, Noah and Briana. He practices patience and persistence in all he does, from practicing law to training and showing dogs in obedience trials as an active member of the Orlando Dog Training Club. Mark is an Ironman triathlete, and avid marathoner who loves facing down a challenge. He has run thirty-two marathons, climbed the glaciers of Mount Baker and even escaped Alcatraz by swimming the San Francisco Bay.
"I believe in doing two things at the same time: Litigating like hell, but always willing to talk settlement."
Professional Certifications, Associations and Memberships
- Certified Mediator
- Certified in Collaborative Law
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Family Law Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Small Claims Court Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Civil Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Collaborative Law Group of Central Florida
- Chairman, Family Law Section, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Legislative Committee, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Inns of Court, Master Member
- Orlando Dog Training Club