About Mark Lang
Mark Lang was born in Iowa in 1952 and grew up in farm states. He earned his B.A. at Drew University in New Jersey completing his junior year abroad at Oxford. He earned his J.D. at the University of Florida College of Law in Gainesville.
He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1977 and has been practicing law in the greater Orlando area ever since. In addition to Florida, Mark is a member of the bar in Colorado and in the District of Columbia.
Known for his intensity on the case and in the courtroom, Mark lives life as fervently as he practices law. A devoted husband of 35 years, Mark and his wife, Ellen, have lived in the Central Florida area since 1977 where they have raised their two children, Noah and Briana. Mark is an Ironman, triathlete, and avid marathoner with twenty-two marathons under his belt. He has faced and succeeded in challenges ranging from escaping Alcatraz and swimming the San Francisco Bay to climbing the glaciers of Mount Baker.
"I believe in doing two things at the same time: Litigating like hell, but always willing to talk settlement."
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Trial Lawyers of America
- Orange County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Family Law Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Small Claims Court Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Civil Rules of Procedure Committee, Florida Bar
- Collaborative Law Group of Central Florida
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Chairman, Family Law Section, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Legislative Committee, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Inns of Court, Master Member